[ITK-users] Euler3DTransform not taking user defined Center of Rotation?

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Tue Apr 18 13:46:59 EDT 2017

Hello Matias,

I used the Euler3DTransform in a python terminal to see if I had problems
setting the center and the angle, and everything seems to work as expected:

trans=itk.Euler3DTransform.D.New()
trans.SetCenter([0,0,0])
trans.SetRotation(10,0,0)
trans.TransformPoint([0,0,0])
Out[46]: itkPointD3 ([0, 0, 0])  <-expected as the transform center is
[0,0,0]

trans.SetCenter([10,0,0])
trans.TransformPoint([0,0,0])
Out[48]: itkPointD3 ([5.16482, -7.96596, 3.62828]) <-rotation not around
[0,0,0] but around [10,0,0]

To try to understand you problem, I would advise you to print the content
of your transform to see if it is set as you expect. In my case, I get:

Euler3DTransform (0x18da8a0)
  RTTI typeinfo:   itk::Euler3DTransform<double>
  Reference Count: 1
  Modified Time: 377
  Debug: Off
  Object Name:
  Observers:
    none
  Matrix:
    0.483518 -0.362828 0.796596
    0.796596 0.559609 -0.228631
    -0.362828 0.745113 0.559609
  Offset: [5.16482, -7.96596, 3.62828]
  Center: [10, 0, 0]
  Translation: [0, 0, 0]
  Inverse:
    0.483518 0.796596 -0.362828
    -0.362828 0.559609 0.745113
    0.796596 -0.228631 0.559609
  Singular: 0
  Euler's angles: AngleX=40 AngleY=10 AngleZ=10
  m_ComputeZYX = 0

Hope this helps,
Francois