[ITK-users] Fwd: [ITK] 3D registration with level set motion

Samuel Gerber samuel.gerber at kitware.com
Thu Aug 3 10:36:00 EDT 2017

Hi Marie,

The registration is done in physical space not the image domain, a detailed
description is in Section 3.3 in the itk sotware guide ( https://itk.org/
ITKSoftwareGuide/html/Book2/ITKSoftwareGuide-Book2ch3.html#x26-990003.1 ).

Each image has a mapping from the image domain, i.e your voxel space where
you can index individual pixels, to physical space. If those mappings map
the images into physical space in a way that results in no overlap between
the images you will get the exception you are seeing. The physical space is
determined by:

"One important consequence of this fact is that having the correct image
origin, image pixel size, and image direction is fundamental for the
success of the registration process in ITK, since we need this information
to compute the exact location of each pixel lattice in the physical space;
we must make sure that the correct values for the origin, spacing, and
direction of all fixed, moving and virtual images are provided."

So you might want to check those values for the images you are registering.

-Sam

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:18 AM, CocoM <cgo_2113 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think this works fine now, I had a format problem, thanks. But when
> registering two images of different size I get the exception "Inputs do not
> occupy the same physical space!". If I go on anyway the registration
> process
> ends normally, but the metric value is huge and never decreases (1e+308).
> Plus the output is entirely black. One of my images has 42 slices, the
> other
> one has 43. Maybe that's why?
>

> --

Samuel Gerber