[ITK-users] Fwd: [ITK] 3D registration with level set motion

Samuel Gerber samuel.gerber at kitware.com
Thu Aug 3 13:40:12 EDT 2017

I apologize I did not realize you were using a PDE based registration. It
is my understanding that for this approach the images need to match in
physical space, since the filter operates in way that matches pixel by
pixel.

There is a few options:
1. You could limit the output region such that they are both fully
contained in both images. See:
https://itk.org/ITKExamples/src/Core/Common/ApplyAFilterOnlyToASpecifiedRegionOfAnImage/Documentation.html

2. You could pad the smaller image.

3. You could perform an affine registration first and resample the image.

-Sam

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:57 PM, CocoM <cgo_2113 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> No I don't think so, it happens after triggering the registration process
> (before any iteration) but just once in the beginning and once in the end.
> But actually the deformation field is never updated because the physical
> spaces don't match so theoretically it's endless. The exception occurs both
> times in the function VerifyInputInformation, called by
> UpdateOutputInformation (ProcessObject).
>
> I am not using any optimizer because it's a registration method solving a
> PDE iteratively : itkLevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter. It works with a
> finite difference resolution scheme, but I can modify the time step,
> although I wouldn't really see the point. Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Marie
>

> --

Samuel Gerber