[ITK-users] ITK GDCM python wrapping

Kris Vorren kris.vorren at duke.edu
Fri Aug 18 13:55:11 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am trying to load DICOMRT structure data into a tbd ITK class via a python script. I found some useful C++ code<http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/887> by Jason Dowling that extracts contours from DICOMRT and draws them on the corresponding image data. I’ve managed to get this code to work on my own DICOM data. While trying to port sections of this code to python, I realized that Jason was directly instantiating GDCM classes to access the structure data. This is where I got stuck.

My install of ITK used the built-in GDCM library, and it does’t appear that Python wrappings for GDCM were built. Is there a way to build GDCM python wrappers in ITK? I couldn’t find a CMAKE flag for it. Would it be simpler to just build GDCM separately, rebuild ITK setting the system GDCM flag, and then import GDCM into Python?

Thanks,
-Kris