[ITK-users] ITK GDCM python wrapping

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Fri Aug 18 15:48:10 EDT 2017

Hello Kris,

ITK does not expose the third party libraries it uses in its Python
wrapping. If you are trying to reimplement this nice insight journal paper
in Python, you may want to install GDCMPython and use both ITK and gdcm,
however you may have to duplicate the memory (load your DICOM once with
each library). If you are trying to write some Python code that uses this
C++ implementation, you could convert this filter into an ITK remote module
[1][2] and wrap that module in Python.
Hope this helps,

François

[1]