[ITK-users] Question about LandmarkDisplacementFieldSource

Siming Bayer siming.bayer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 12:09:08 EDT 2017

Dear all,

I am trying to use LandmarkDisplacementFieldSource to compute a
displacement field from 2 point sets. Although the 2 point sets are aligned
almost perfectly with thin plate spline - Robust point matching algorithm
(TPS-RPM), the resulting displacement field looks simply wrong. For
example, the displacement field has a high value where I don´t expect any
deformation/displacement.

Does anybody knows the mathematical background of the itk implementation of
LandmarkDisplacementFieldSource? Could anybody tell me the paper? Does any
body knows how many landmarks is meaningful?

best,
Siming