[ITK-users] [ITK] Getting info from a very big image file

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 13 16:22:20 EST 2017

I modified the VectorImageToImageAdaptor example to get this:

    typedef itk::RGBPixel<unsigned short> PixelType;
    typedef itk::VectorImage<PixelType,2> ImageType_u16;
    ImageType_u16::Pointer image;

    typedef itk::ImageFileReader<ImageType_u16> ReaderType;
    reader->SetFileName(filename);
    reader->Update();
    image = reader->GetOutput();

    int width = image->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize()[0];
    int height = image->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize()[1];
    int depth = image->GetLargestPossibleRegion().GetSize()[2];
    printf("Image dimensions: width, height: %d %d\n",width,height);
    printf("NumberOfComponentsPerPixel: %d\n", image->GetNumberOfComponentsPerPixel());

    typedef itk::VectorImageToImageAdaptor<PixelType, 2> ImageAdaptorType;
    ImageAdaptorType::Pointer adaptor = ImageAdaptorType::New();
    adaptor->SetExtractComponentIndex(0);
    adaptor->SetImage(image);

    itk::Index<2> index;
    index[0] = 3084;
    index[1] = 3072;

    std::cout << adaptor->GetPixel(index) << std::endl;

The size of the image is reported correctly (4656x4656) but although the number of components is shown as 4, GetPixel returns three values (2 0 0), at a location where I know (from ImageJ) that the green channel has a pixel value of more than 2000.