[ITK-users] Itk Python GetParameters

Francois Budin francois.budin at kitware.com
Mon Jan 2 16:51:28 EST 2017

Hello Fabio,

The itk::OptimizerParameter class is derived from the class vnl_vector,
which allows you to get the different component of the transform it
contains using the "get( <nth_component>)" method.
The way to use it is as follow:
a=itk.AffineTransform.New()
b=a.GetParameters()
b.get(0)

If you want to have direct access to the element of the array in Python
without the use of the "get()" method, you need to download and compile one
of the latest commits of ITK (more recent than commit
991f67ee0c377d59acdedf40382b2804f068b47b merged on December 13th, 2016)
and compile ITK with the CMake option Module_BridgeNumPy set to ON to
compile the remote module NumpyBridge. Then you can simply do:

a=itk.AffineTransform.New()
b_array=itk.GetArrayFromVnlVector(a.GetParameters())

Hope this helps,

Francois