[ITK-users] [ITK] PowellOptimizerv4 does not run CommandIterationUpdate Execute() method

Andrew Harris aharr8 at uwo.ca
Wed Jan 4 15:41:50 EST 2017

Hi, hope someone can help direct me to a reference.
I have been trying to use the PowellOptimizerv4 to do an automated image
alignment between two 3D ultrasound images.  We are using Mutual
Information as a metric and it is exiting at -0.30 for images with a high
degree of overlap, but when I use CommandIterationUpdate to try and see how
the optimizer is behaving the Execute() method doesn't run.  It is
identical to the code copied from ITK examples that ran when I was using
the LBFGS optimizer, with the exception that I've added a few print
statements to see whether one of the if statements was being activated
prior to the output.

Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.

--

AH

*This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged materials for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any reviewing, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by other than the intended recipient is strictly
sender immediately and permanently destroy this email and any attachments
thereto.*