[ITK-users] pthread_create fail

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Jan 10 07:06:20 EST 2017

Dear all,
I have been fighting for a couple of weeks to have ITK-based software (in
this case RTK <http://openrtk.org/>) run properly after an upgrade of our
cluster to Fedora 24 (where our nightly tests are run). These are tests
that are running well on other platforms. We have finally found a lead: for
a reason that we don't understand, pthread_create fails.
First, ITK does not handle correctly this situation. I have submitted a
patch <http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/21935/> for this.
My question is : does anyone know why a pthread_create would fail and is
there any solution? This is the first time that I see such a behavior.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Simon