[ITK-users] Super-resolution resampling

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:16:27 EDT 2017

Hi Gavin,

your plan sounds good! There is no 1:N registration, so you should proceed
with N 1:1 registrations. Pick one as a reference (#0 is good), register
all the other time points to it. You can initialize the k+1-st iteration by
the resulting transform of k-th registration to speed things up.

And yes, you can do super-resolution by resampling all these images onto a
higher resolution grid, e.g. same origin and direction, 2x higher size and
2x smaller spacing.

ITK has all the required classes for this process. Will you let us know how
satisfactory the result was? Ideally with some images :)

Regards,
Dženan Zukić, PhD, Senior R&D Engineer, Kitware (Carrboro, N.C.)