[ITK-users] [ITK] applying a transform to an ITK Point object results in it moving the opposite direction from the image

Yaniv, Ziv Rafael (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] zivrafael.yaniv at nih.gov
Wed Jun 28 16:50:04 EDT 2017

Hello Andrew,

In ITK the result of a registration maps points from the fixed image coordinate system to the moving coordinate system, so T(p_f) = p_m and the TRE is || T(p_f) – p_m||. I suspect you just need to use the inverse transform.

You may be interested in this SimpleITK notebook (http://insightsoftwareconsortium.github.io/SimpleITK-Notebooks/Python_html/67_Registration_Semiautomatic_Homework.html) which has a linked cursor GUI (gui. RegistrationPointDataAquisition). The source code for the UI is here: https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/SimpleITK-Notebooks/blob/master/Python/gui.py .

      hope this helps
             Ziv