[ITK-users] [ITK] applying a transform to an ITK Point object results in it moving the opposite direction from the image

Andrew Harris aharr8 at uwo.ca
Thu Jun 29 13:21:11 EDT 2017

Thanks for getting back to me. Using the inverse transform on the point
selected in the moving image works to transform the point within a
reasonable amount to the homologous feature selected in the fixed image
when I use two identical images with a known offset of 100 voxels in each
direction.  However, upon testing identical images with a known rotation
the selected points again fail to line up.  The transform I have been using
is the Rigid3DVersorTransform, and the lines of code I'm using to set the
inverse are:

newTransform->SetCenter(oldTransform->GetCenter());
oldTransform->GetInverse(newTransform);

Any idea why translation would work but rotation causes a problem?

--

AH

Andrew Harris, Honours BSc (Medical Physics)

PhD (CAMPEP) & MClSc Candidate

*This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged materials for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any reviewing, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by other than the intended recipient is strictly
sender immediately and permanently destroy this email and any attachments
thereto.*