[ITK-users] [ITK] SimpleITK Serieswriter and DicomTags

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Mar 30 10:23:26 EDT 2017

Hello,

Writing correct DICOM continues to be a struggle with SimpleITK and ITK. It is generally recommended to directly use GDCM or DCMTK to write a proper DICOM series.

SimpleITK tries to keep things, well, simple and straight forward. But ITK ties to do some smart things, which get in the way for certain uses with SimpleITK. We are trying to document and develop a nominal set of DICOM output operations that work in SimpleITK.

Do you have working C++ code that works for your intended operation? Can you share a small section of code which does what you expect it C++?

Thank,
Brad