[ITK-users] Can I alter the way SliceBySliceImageFilter defines the origin of the internal slices?

hellman fredrik.hellman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 10:38:47 EDT 2017

Thanks for the quick reply!

(Btw, some code snippets disappeared from my first post, but they are not so
important).

Perhaps I missed something about the transformation to physical coordinates,
but this is my understanding:

The physical position P of the [5,5,0]-index pixel in the 3D volume
(according to my meta-data above) is:

P = O + D*diag(S)*Index = (0, 0, 0) + (0.3*5, 0.3*5, 1*0) = (1.5, 1.5, 0).

For a pixel in a different slice, say pixel [5, 5, 20], the physical point
is (1.5, 1.5, 20)

Now after slicing, the physical position (according to
SliceBySliceImageFilter) of the [5, 5]-pixel of any internal image created
by slicing is:

(recall new origin is (1.5, 1.5))

(1.5, 1.5) + (0.3*5, 0.3*5) = (3, 3).

The position of the [5, 5, 0]-pixel is thus (3, 3) after slicing, while it
was at (1.5, 1.5, 0) before slicing.
Similarly: The position of the [5, 5, 20]-pixel at (3, 3) after slicing,
while it was at (1.5, 1.5, 20) before slicing.

To me, it would make more sense for them to be at (1.5, 1.5).

--
Sent from: http://itk-users.7.n7.nabble.com/