The Visualization ToolKit (VTK) is an open source, freely available software system for 3D computer graphics, image processing, and visualization used by thousands of researchers and developers around the world. VTK consists of a C++ class library, and several interpreted interface layers including Tcl/Tk, Java, and Python. Professional support and products for VTK are provided by Kitware, Inc. (www.kitware.com) VTK supports a wide variety of visualization algorithms including scalar, vector, tensor, texture, and volumetric methods; and advanced modeling techniques such as implicit modelling, polygon reduction, mesh smoothing, cutting, contouring, and Delaunay triangulation. In addition, dozens of imaging algorithms have been directly integrated to allow the user to mix 2D imaging / 3D graphics algorithms and data.
Example Usage (C++)
- Which Libraries Do I Link To?
- Which Header Files Do I Include?
- Classes To Help With Examples
- Write a VTP file
- Read a VTP file
- Write a VTU file
- Read a VTU file
- Write a file of the four corners of a square
- Write a file of a triangulated square
- Write a file of the four corners of square, each with a different color
- Write a file of a triangulated square, each corner with a different color
- Write a file of a triangulated square, each triangle with a different color
- Write a sphere to a VTP file
- Write a plane to a VTP file
- Write two cubes to a VTP file
- Apply a Transformation to Points
- Landmark Transform
- Iterative Closest Points (ICP) Transform
- Where can I find more information about VTK?
- Where can I download VTK?
- Where can I download a tarball of the nightly HTML documentation?
- What are some projects using VTK?
- VTK Java Wrapping
- Composite Data Redesign
- VTK Widget Redesign
- Shaders in VTK
- VTK with Matlab
- VTK Time support
- VTK Depth Peeling
- VTK Multi-Pass Rendering
- Using VTK with JRuby
- Cray XT3 Compilation
- Array Refactoring
- IMTEK Mathematica Supplement (IMS), the Open Source IMTEK Mathematica Supplement (IMS) interfaces VTK and generates ParaView batch scripts
- , VTK examples in C# (Visual Studio 5.0 and .NET 2.0)