[ITK] SCIFIO throws exception

Mark Hiner hinerm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:43:07 EDT 2014

Hi Michael,

 I just updated<https://github.com/scifio/scifio-itk-bridge/commit/8ffccf457e0f41245167402d318d7e0c57eb127f>the
Java-side handling of null readers/ids. I couldn't reproduce your
exact
issue, but it did look like there was the potential for an unintended state
that would cause the null id error you said.

 Could you clear your /build directory and rebuild? (this will trigger a
download of the latest Java code) Then try again with the unset JAVA_HOME.

/home/michael/Colocalization/ITK-4.5.1-build/lib/jre/bin

As a side note, I believe you need to set JAVA_HOME to the base of your
java directory (e.g. just
"/home/michael/Colocalization/ITK-4.5.1-build/lib/jre"). At least on OSX
10.8.5, if I set include the /bin sub-directory, it doesn't actually
discover Java (slightly counter-intuitive if you're used to adding stuff to
your PATH). So you could try again with the distributed JRE as well.

 For what it's worth, I am able to read/write the single-channel.ome.tif
dataset with the itkSCIFIOImageIOTest utility, on OSX with java 1.6.0_45.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Mark