[Insight-developers] cableswig 3.0.0 and cmake cvs don't build with cmake 2.4.4 and 2.4.5

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jan 9 14:50:25 EST 2007

Gaetan Lehmann wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:39:06 +0100, Bill Hoffman
> <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> cable swig builds but is not installed properly, even with cmake and
>>> cable swig cvs.
>>> The .i files are not installed in the SWIGLib dir (and subdirs).
>>>
>>> Can you look at that ?
>> This seems to be a bug in CableSwig, and not cmake.  I tried with
>> 2.4.4 and it still did not work.
>> I found the problem....
>> 1.4          (andy     26-Oct-06): FILE(GLOB __files1
>> "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/*.i)
>> 1.4          (andy     26-Oct-06): FILE(GLOB __files2
>> "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/*.swg)
>>
>> There are missing double quotes on those lines!
>> It should not work in any version of cmake....
>
> nice catch - I've missed it :-)
> I don't think I have write access to cable siwg, so I have attched a
> patch to fix the same missing quote in the subdirectory.

Thanks, I will check in that fix as well.
> there is still a problem on linux however: some files are installed
> without the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:

Yes, I noticed that. CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX seems to be ignored for the
most part right now, but
this does not seem to be a CMake issue, but a CableSwig cmake file
issue.  I will look into it.

> And there is still the problem with CVS dirs and mac os (see my other
> mail)
I have checked in a fix for this.   GCC_XML/Support/GCC/CMakeLists.txt and
GCC_XML/Support/MIPSpro/CMakeLists.txt..  Basically glob finds files on the
case insensitive file system that we don't want.

So, I think there are not issues with 2.4.6-RC-2.

-Bill