[Insight-developers] LIBXML2

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jan 22 10:12:06 EST 2008

On 1/21/08 8:25 PM, Julien Jomier said:

>I understand your concern, however libxml2 has been compiling on VTK's
>dashboard for a long time and ITK and VTK are sharing a lot of the
>compilers/OS, so I don't see that has a major issue (unless I'm missing
>something).

Perhaps tangentially related: VTK's version of libxml2 dates from Oct
2006, 4 versions behind (bug 5472).  I am somewhat disappointed that VTK
& ITK do not keep up to date with the 3rd party software they use,
especially when security-related fixes are made.  Consider:
<http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2007-6284>

I hope that if you add libxml2 to ITK you will keep it up to date, and
synced with VTK.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com