[Insight-developers] contribution of JHU Computational Anatomy algorithms based on Large Deformation Diffeomorphic Mapping and Laplace-Beltrami eigenanalysis

Arnaud Gelas arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 26 19:44:57 EDT 2009

Hi Michel,

Great! That's really interesting work!!!
I am pretty sure that many persons will be interested in such
application!

For the Laplace beltrami laplace eigenanalysis, computing the matrix
is "almost" done in itk.
You can have a look at the following insight journal paper: http://insight-journal.org/browse/publication/202
  (note that the corresponding class are in Review directory of itk).

Now regarding the eigenanalysis, this is really computationally
expensive.
Generally people use ARPACK, but I suggest to have a look at bruno
levy's work on the subject where he also proposed some optimization
using TAUCS and SUPERLU.
http://alice.loria.fr/index.php/publications.html?redirect=0&Paper=spectral_course@2009

HTH,
Arnaud