[Insight-developers] Compile errors may be related to your checkin?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Mon Oct 11 12:01:50 EDT 2010

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a feel for how compilers do on
loop unrolling compared to the unrolling enabled by the template
metaprogramming stuff?

Cory

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hans,
>
> I agree that it should be ON. The only reason to leave the ifdef in is
> because the #else portion shows the intent of the template meta
> programming. The template programming itself is a bit ugly (I wrote
> the image transform helper stuff).  We could just remove it as a cmake
> option and force it to be on.
>
> Bill
>
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Hans Johnson <hans-johnson at uiowa.edu> wrote:
>> Bill,
>>
>> These error are related to my check-in.  See earlier message posted this
>> morning regarding:  ITK_USE_TEMPLATE_META_PROGRAMMING_LOOP_UNROLLING
>>
>> This error is an interaction between the changes I made, and setting the
>> ITK_USE_TEMPLATE_META_PROGRAMMING_LOOP_UNROLLING to OFF.
>>
>> It is a simple fix either way, but I would prefer to remove
>> ITK_USE_TEMPLATE_META_PROGRAMMING_LOOP_UNROLLING as a compile time option.
>>
>> Hans
>>

>> On 10/11/10 10:30 AM, "Bill Lorensen" <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> These errors:
>>> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=745990
>>>
>>> started today. Can they be related to your header checkins?
>>>
>>> Also, some other platforms have a bunch of java wrapping errors.
>>>
>>> Bill

Cory Quammen
Computer Integrated Systems for Microscopy and Manipulation (CISMM)
Department of Computer Science
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~cquammen