[Insight-developers] ambiguous else warnings from CableSwig generated python interface code

Wheeler, Frederick W (GE Global Research) wheeler at ge.com
Wed Feb 9 16:37:11 EST 2011

> From: Gaëtan Lehmann [mailto:gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr]
>
> So this is the swig built with CableSwig that you are using to build
> the wrappers in ITK v4?
>
> This version is way too old, and you should get the last version from
> swig.org.

Oops.  I was mistaken.  I'm using swig 1.3.29.

% pwd
/local/wheeler/dev/itk_bld
% grep SWIG CMakeCache.txt
SWIG_DIR:PATH=/usr/share/swig/1.3.29
SWIG_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/swig
SWIG_VERSION:STRING=1.3.29

I built CableSwig from CVS source and my ITK build is using that.  Since I never did anything explicitly with SWIG I did not realize that Cmake found it on my system (I do not maintain it, someone else installed SWIG).  I thought CableSwig was complete SWIG replacement.  My mistake, but in my defense the CableSwig web page (http://www.itk.org/ITK/resources/CableSwig.html) implies that CableSwig builds and uses its own modified version of SWIG.

Well that explains why I could not find the code that emits those warning-creating (ambiguous else) lines.  I was only looking in the CableSwig and ITK source.  They must be coming from /usr/bin/swig

I think my original question is now moot.  1.3.29 seems a bit old.  I'll update.

Thanks for the help.

Fred Wheeler