[Insight-developers] ITKv4 Module Names

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 10 13:32:43 EST 2011

On 02/10/2011 12:21 PM, Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:
> IO-Base and IO-Raw look a bit strange, aren't they? Shouldn't they be
> placed in the IO group?

Perhaps.  This grouping is based on what's in the Modularization/Manifest.txt
file in the main ITK tree.

> I don't like much the 2 levels of directories, as it is sometime
> redundant with the module name. I also guess that's because of them
> that we have the strange IO-Raw and IO-Base?
[snip]
> Several IO modules don't have at least their first letter in
> uppercase, like ITK-IO-jpeg. I suppose their name should match the
> name of the class in ITK.

See my response to Bill L. a few minutes ago.

> The glob would then be
>   <top>/*/*/*itk-module.cmake
>   <top>/*/*/*/*-itk-module.cmake

I'll see if the logic can work that way, but I'm a little concerned
about what happens if we find

  foo-itk-module.cmake
  bar-itk-module.cmake

in one directory.