[Insight-developers] DiffeomorphicDemonsRegistrationFilter/ESMDemonsRegistrationFunction broken!

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Fri Nov 4 16:29:32 EDT 2011

Hi Kent,

I haven't worked with ITKv4 at all. So I am not sure how long it might
take me to looked into the issue. Also I hardly have any time at the
moment.

That being said, have you tried using the
  FastSymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter
also in Review instead of DiffeomorphicDemonsRegistrationFilter? It
uses the same ESMDemonsRegistrationFunction internally but is a little
simpler.

Also can you replicate the issue with the original (without masking
capabilities) filters? Have you run the tests through valgrind?

Regarding the diff, my pick would be kompare from kde. When there
really are too many style differences, I simply uncrustify the files
to be compared and then use kompare (or any other diff tool I have
access to).

Tom