[Insight-developers] Migration Guide Issues

Julien Jomier julien.jomier at kitware.com
Wed Sep 7 11:56:46 EDT 2011

Hi Bill,

Thanks for trying the Migration Guide and sending us feedback. We are
still working on it and we need to fix the gerrit script that pushes
changes to the system before going live (feedbacks are more than welcome).

> 0) The migration page does not correspond to the latest migration doc
> for this change.

We moved the migration guide to a new server and I know Matt McCormick
is working on updating the gerrit script to push the updates.

> 1) The Broken and Sample code snippets are identical. This is a problem
> with the original migration xml. How can this be fixed/

This is not true. Look at the "namespace "Function"" v.s. "namespace
Functor". Am I missing something?

> 2) The gerrit link points to the wrong url:
> http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,1752
>      Here is the proper url: http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,2620

This is because the modifications have not been pushed to the server.

> 3) The gerrit change-id is wrong

Same issue, this is because the modifications have not been pushed to
the server.

> These migration docs are critical to our customers and we should make
> sure they are accurate.

Definitely agree with you.

Julien