[Insight-users] Re: question: ITK Examples

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:38:06 -0500

 Hi Fj,

Here is who I did in my own installation:

1) VTK is installed in d:\vtk40
NOTE that the .exe that you need to download is:

- vtk40Cpp.exe

Which contains both the libraries and headers
for development with VC++ 6.0. The libraries
are automatically put in a "lib" subdirectory and
the headers in an "include" subdirectory.

It looks like you installed "vtk40Core.exe" which
only contains the .dll and put them in a "bin"
subdirectory.

2) In CMake I have selected:

VTK_INSTALL_PATH = D:/vtk40
USE_BUILT_VTK=OFF
USE_INSTALLED_VTK=ON

My guess is that your VTK installation is actually
missing the header files....but this is just a guess.

Please let us know if this helps.

Luis