[Insight-users] Re: ITK Release 1.0.0 - installation problems

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:50:37 -0500

Dear Ofri,

Welcome to ITK!

Sorry that you're having trouble.

Please verify
1) That you set the source directory in CMakeSetup to the top level of
the Insight directory (e.g., d:/Insight or whatever)
2) That you are using CMake 1.4 patch 5 (it should say this in the lower
left corner of the CMakeSetup screen).

Also, to make sure your version of ITK didn't get somehow corrupted
during transfer / uncompression, please verify that the directories
Insight/Utilities/MetaIO and Insight/Utilities/png exist.

I've also CC'd the Insight toolkit's users' list - others may have more
to add...

Thanks,
Stephen

Ofri Sadowsky wrote:
> Dear Dr. Aylward,
>
> I have downloaded the ITK release 1.0.0 source code from the itk.org
> website, adn tried to build it on my PC. I then encountered the
> following.
>
> 1. I downloaded the ITK release 1.0.0
> 2. I downloaded the cmake InstallShield executable and installed it with
> administrator login.
> 3. I run CmakeSetup.exe in the cmake subdirectory to generate project
> files for ITK.
> 4. Using VC6 on Windows 2000
>
> Problems:
>

> 1. The INCLUDE paths are not set correctly for all the projects. I had
> to set them manually.
> 2. The file itkConfigure is not processed properly, and contains
> #cmakedefine directives. It remains as itkConfigure.h.in in the base
> directory.
> 3. In file "itkOnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer.h" the original #include
> directives had angle brackets instead of quotation marks.
> 4. Missing files: metaObject.h metaImage.h png.h
>
> I was able to solve the missing path problem manually. The angle
> brackets did not have a large effect. I copied the itkConfigure.h from
> the beta version. But I was unable to complete the build, because of the
> missing header files.
>

> Eventually, I guess I could download the latest package through cvs. But
> I thought this could be a useful input. I hope you can help me solving
> the problem.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ofri Sadowsky,
> Johns Hopkins University

Dr. Stephen R. Aylward
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Computer Science
http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu
aylward@unc.edu
(919) 966-9695