[Insight-users] how to give a vtkTransform to an itk volume

J. Van Dalen J.vanDalen" <J.vanDalen@rad.umcn.nl
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:48:05 +0100 (CET)

Dear ITK users,

In my code I start reading a dicom file in vtk. Via a pipeline
construction the dicom image is transported to an itk volume (at the end
of the pipeline I use VTKImageImport to connect the end of a VTK pipeline
to an ITK image pipeline), which I finally use for image registration. In
reading the dicom file, I also read the transformation (vtkTransform *tr;)
that is in the dicom file. Is there a way to give this transformation to
the itk volume? I looked at the itk class "image", which `defines' my
itk-volume, but I cannot find a way to connect a transformation to this
volume (except maybe the "SetIndextoPhysicalTransform", but it is not
clear to me what it does and how it works).

I hope some of you has a suggestion...
Thanks,
Jorn.