[Insight-users] pipeline VTK to ITK and ITK to VTK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:02:02 -0500

Hi Patrick,

It seems then that your pipeline
is correctly configured.

Usual suspects at this point are:

1) Image type used in ITK:
    compatibility between this ITK image
    type and the image types supported
    in VTK.

2) Dimension of the image.  Make sure
    that the image is being treated as
    the dimension you expect all through
    the pipeline.

3) Inconsistent definitions of
    parameters in the filter.
    (e.g. missing parameters).

4) Mix of different versions of VTK dlls
    (If you are doing this on windows this
    suspect jumps to #1 on the list. )

Questions:

- What ITK image filter are you using ?

- What image type are you using ?

- Is there any more specific text in the
   error message you get ?

---

For the purpose of debugging (and
elimination of suspects) I would
suggest you to put as ITK filter
an inocuous filter like the
itkCastImageFilter with same input
and output image type.
This renduces this filter to a simple
image copy.

Then, disconnect the second part of
the pipepline and try only the section
VTK--->ITK by making an Update() in the
itk filter. That will help to identify
which half of the pipeline is generating
the error.

Please let us know what you find.