[Insight-users] FltkImageViewer : plese do "make install" in FLTK

Neil Killeen Neil.Killeen@atnf.csiro.au
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:18:53 +1100 (EST)

Luis

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> You are probably building ITK with the binary built
> of FLTK instead of an installed FLTK.
>
> If you install FLTK (actually "make install") it will
> create the symbolic links for you when the headers are
> copied to the include directory under PREFIX/include.

that's right I did not do 'make install'.  I thought
all that did was copy things somewhere else (like /usr/local,
which I didn't want just yet).

> The installation will also create the double
> directories:  FL  and  Fl, and inside all the files
> will be in double with upper/lower case names.
>
> Here is the initial part of the FLTK include directory
> in a typical Linux installation once you have made
> "make install":

so i will do this extra step - no news will be good news...

cheers
Neil