[Insight-users] Procrustes registration again

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:21:15 -0400

Hi Imho,

You can use the VTK procrustes filter,

However, since procrustes already have the
point associations, (as opposed to ICP), its
computation is relatively fast. This makes
that the overhead of converting point sets
from ITK to VTK data structures may be
significant.

You may be better off implementing
procrustes in a native ITK way.

It depends on how much programming time
you can dedicate to this taks and how
much concerns do you have for performance.