[Insight-users] Difficulty registering synthetic volumes with MultiMRIRegistration (fwd)

Sarah E Geneser geneser@cs.utah.edu
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:48:35 -0600 (MDT)

Hello,

I am currently trying use the MultiMRIRegistration application to register
two raw volumes that I have created.  The application seems to parse my
param file, open and preprocess the images, and begin registration.  The
problem is that I always get a transform matrix comprised entirely of
nans.  Also, if I only  use one level of scaling, and one iteration- I
still get all nans. (This occurs with several learning rate values and
even with zero iterations specified.)

I don't think the problem is with my volumes. One volume is a cube
centered in the image (cube.raw), and the other volume is that same cube
translated (cube_trans.raw).  I have a tarred and gzipped file of my
volumes and parameter file (the directories have been changed) at the
following location:
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~geneser/cube.tar.gz
The volumes are 200x200x200 in size and are comprised of unsigned shorts.

I also have reason to believe that my ITK build is okay. I have gotten
other applications to work.  If someone could either point me to a pair of
volumes and corresponding parameter file that is known to work, or suggest
what might be wrong with my volumes or parameter file - I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sarah Geneser