[Insight-users] Difficulty registering synthetic volumes with MultiMRIRegistration (fwd)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:07:53 -0400

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the clear description of the problem you are facing.

The reason why the registration fails with your data is that
your .raw files are encoded in pixel type 'int' with 4bytes per
pixel.

the MultiMRIRegistration application is expecting to receive
'unsigned short' as the pixel type of the input.

You have two options:

1) Modify the application's code
2) Reformat your data to be 16bits / pixel

If you decided to go for option (1), it should be enough
to change line # 37 in the file

           MultiResMIRegistration.cxx

in the directory:

    InsightApplications/MultiResMIRegistration/Common

and recompile the application.

The change should be:

    typedef itk::SimpleApp<signed int> AppType;

instead of the current

    typedef itk::SimpleApp<signed short> AppType;

-----

Just for the record:

   Do you really expect to get 32bits/pixel in your
application ?

Most image modalities use 16bits/pixel (e.g. CT) and
seems to be enough for covering the dynamic range.
You may be wasting your disk space and the run-time
memory if you don't really need this precission.

Also, please double check the endianess of your data.
Are you using a Sun or a Mac ?