[Insight-users] [how to interrupt an registration process]

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:53:17 -0400

In your command/observer, you would have to peek at the stdin buffer to see
if a key had been pressed. Note that cannot just
do a "cin >> keypress" type call because your app would block
at every iteration (waiting for you to press the enter key).

But you should be able to peek into the queue to see if a
key was pressed. Or maybe do a read/timeout type operation.
In any case, this code would be standard C++ standard library
calls or OS specific calls.  This capability is not ITK specific.