[Insight-users] problem building examples out of ITK sources tree... header files are not found....

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:42:23 -0500

Hi Neha,

Are you using ITK Release 1.0 ?

What version of CMake are you using ?

The RegionGrowingSegmentation example was moved to
the "Applications" directory after the 1.0 release.

This example requires you to configure ITK with
FLTK and VTK.

You should not need to add anything once you load
the project in Visual Studio.

--

Do you get exactly the same error when you build the
application inside the ITK source tree ? This seems

If you are trying to build the application outside
the source tree, you will hava to make some modifications
to the CMakeLists.txt file, since now the configuration
must be stand alone.

You will need something like

PROJECT( myProject)

INCLUDE( ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindITK.cmake)
IF( USE_ITK_FILE )
   INCLUDE( ${USE_ITK_FILE} )
ENDIF( USE_ITK_FILE )

INCLUDE( ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindVTK.cmake)
IF( USE_VTK_FILE )
   INCLUDE( ${USE_VTK_FILE} )
ENDIF( USE_VTK_FILE )

INCLUDE( ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindFLTK.cmake)

added at the top of the current CMakeList.txt.

Then, when you run CMake, you have to make sure
that you provide the necesary paths for VTK and
FLTK.

Please let us know if you find furthere problems.