[Insight-users] Re: scale factor in registration methods

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:41:49 -0500

Hi Silvester,

Setting the optimization-scale factors for Scaling
is even harder than for rotations.  The reason is
that scales should in principle be treated in a
logarithmic framework.

The following example uses the Similarity Transform,
which does Rotation, Translation and Scaling:

Insight/Examples/Registration/ImageRegistration7.cxx

You may want to keep smaller step sizes when Scale
Factors are present in the transform, because the
non-linearity of the scale makes the optimization
quite unstable.

This involves a laborious work of parameter
tunning... so... don't expect it to work at the
first try.

Please let us know if you find any problem.