[Insight-users] Re: AW: Visualizing a binary itk-Image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:14:54 -0500

Hi Zein,

1) If you want to display a the surface of a 3D image mask,
    you may extract the contour of the image, or you can do
    volume rendering.

    The performance of current graphic cards will probably
    make better for you to use contour extraction.

    A detailed email was sent recently with the most
    convenient mechanisms for extracting surfaces in
    a ITK + VTK application.
    Please take a look at:
    http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2003-March/002718.html

2) I guess you meant VTK 4.2...

    If this is the case, we may be dealing with another
    kind of problem.  Can you run your code in a debugger
    and identify where it is hanging up.