[Insight-users] Re: Dicomimage : DICOMApp in InsightApplications.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:13:49 -0500

Hi Zhao,

DICOMApp in InsightApplications will convert DICOM files
to PNG and RAW.

By default this application is not using DICOMImageIO2.
It will use DicomImageIO as defined in the default factories.

However, it is enough to add the following line in order
to force it to use DICOMImageIO2:

In line 54, just after creating the fileReader, add:

     fileReader->SetImageIO(   DICOMImage );

DICOMImage is already defined as a DICOMImageIO2 object.
By connecting it to the reader, you ensure that this will
be the class in charge of reading the files