[Insight-users] Insight Apps Linking Error

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 21:45:13 -0400

Hi Nasser,

Thanks for posting your CMakeCache.txt files.

Here is what they show:

A) About the Insight basic libraries

1)  You copied ITK sources in:

     C:/Research Stuff/Insight

2)  You provided as binary directory:

     C:/Research Stuff/itkbin

3)  After building the toolkit,
     ITK Libraries are locate in

     C:/Research Stuff/itkbin/bin

     and since you are building the toolkit
     in debug mode, the current libraries are in

     C:/Research Stuff/itkbin/bin/Debug

4)  You manually verified that the ITKAlgorithms.lib
     is located in

     C:/Research Stuff/itkbin/bin/Debug

     as expected

B) About InsightApplications

1)  You copied the source code of InsightApplications
     in hte directory:

     C:/Research Stuff/Insight/InsightApplications

2)  You provide to CMake the following binary
     directory for building he applications

     C:/Research Stuff/itkbin/InsightApp

3)  You told CMake that the basic ITK libraries
     where build on the binary directory:

     C:/Research Stuff/itkbin

So far the content of the CMakeCache.txt files seems to
be consistent. There is no obvious reason why the
InsightApplications project may have trouble finding
ITKAlgorithms.lib

Are you sure that you are opening the .dsw file at the
top of InsightApplications and not one of the .dsp files
in the subdirectories ?

The .dsp files in the subdirectories are not self-sufficient,
they lack some of the settings that are defined for the
entire InsightApplications workspace.

Otherwise the only strange thing you are doing is to set
the binary directory of applications as a subdirectory of
the binary directory where you build the toolikt. This may
not be very organized. Part of the interest of separating
the applications from the toolkit is to make them independent
and have them in separate directories. I would suggest you
to try building InsightApplications in a binary directory
that is totally independent of the Insight binary directory.