[Insight-users] MR volume: slice location + spacing pb

Dean Inglis dean . inglis at on . aibn . com
Wed, 28 May 2003 15:26:31 -0400

Well, on closer inspection, for the data I have,
I am getting slice thicknesses of either 1.5 or 3.0 mm
thickness as calculated from the reported (correct) slice positions.
So, ignoring the header thickness is the way to go. I am
thinking of just linear interpolating (with vtkImageResample)
an additional slice between any two slices that are 3.0 mm
thick so that a new volume can be recon at 1.5 mm thick
consistent between slices.  Does this seem resonable?  BTW,
I'm looking at fat sat saggital knee MRIs for cartilage
segmentation.

thanks again,
Dean