[Insight-users] DOxygen configuration

Neil Killeen Neil . Killeen at atnf . csiro . au
Thu, 29 May 2003 11:26:46 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> Doxygen uses by default the word "Modules"
> in the link for "modules.html".  We modified
> Doxygen's code in order to display "Groups"
>
>    The joy of open source software   :-)

i guess i wasn't clear on this.  It's not
the link name, but the link file I am worrying about.

Thus, the doxygen output main file, index.html,  contains

Now this list comes  from the file DoxygenHeader.html,
which, for our system,  I based on the  ITK version.

Of these files, modules.html and  hierarchy.html did not get
created by Doxygen.  I was trying to figure out if there is some switch
in the Doxygen configuration file I need to activate or not
since I would like to see these pages as well.

> In order to generate the groups we have a
> file "Modules.dox" in the directory
>
>    Insight/Documentation/Doxygen
>
> Where you define all the class groups.
> The you must go to your classes and classify
> them in to the groups you defined in the
> Modules.dox file.  For this you use the
> Doxygen keyword:  \ingroup
>
> Look at any of the ITK headers and see how
> the keyworkd is used.

will do.  it was not clear to me whether modules.html etc
would get created if I had not created the equivalent
of your Modules.dox etc files.

I will continue my exciting reading of the Doxygen manual !

> ---
>
> For InsightApplications, we don't set link to
> the applications from the documentation of the
> toolkit. We do this from the main ITK home page.
> You could probably manage to do this by manipulating
> the DoxygenHeader.html file.
>
> However, I'm not sure that this is a good thing
> to do, since when you look for the doc of the
> toolkit you are rarely interested in the applications.
> A link from a main web pagge may make more sense...

our developers are creating classes and
applications all in the same environment.  So I need
a way to document the applications as well.
I'll try to do it with DOxygen so that we have just
one system for code interface purposes (regardless
of whether that interface is a class or an application [command
line or GUI]).  Doxygen apperas rather flexible so
that I should be able to embed images etc in
the documentation pages for applications (e.g.
images of the GUI interfaces)

cheers
Neil