[Insight-users] 2D-to-3D registration in ITK

Daniel Rueckert dr at doc . ic . ac . uk
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:17:23 +0100

Michael Wood wrote:

 > Hello all,
 >
 > I'm wondering if anyone knows if ITK has any 2D-to-3D (or slice-to-volume)
 > registration capabilities. I don't know of any but I was told that they may
 > exist. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated. Thanks.
 >
 > Michael Wood

Hi Michael,

we are currently implementing a 2D-3D registration algorithm in ITK for
matching 2D x-ray images to 3D CT images. This work is almost finished
and I assume that the algorithm will be available in ITK within the next
couple of weeks.

If you are after a 2D-to-3D registration for slice-to-volume matching I
believe that the existing ITK registration can already do this.

Cheers, Daniel

--
Daniel Rueckert, Ph.D.
Department of Computing