[Insight-users] difference between 2D and 3D anisotropic filter?

Rodrigo Vivanco rvivanco at cs.umanitoba.ca
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:30:23 -0500

HI:

perhaps someone can answer this. Why does it take so much longer to process a
single slice image stored as 3D (x,y,z)=(256,256,1) using the 3D anisotropic
filter versus the same image stored as 2D? Also, it displays a warning about
using a time-step that may introduce instability in the solution...

what if I have a 3D image, but would like to filter the slices independently
of each other, what would be the best way to do this, that is calling the 2D
version of the filter for each slice. Should I make a new 2D Image for every
slice? Can I use shally copies using Regions to do this?

thanks,

rodrigo