[Insight-users] Re: Got it working

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri May 14 03:36:53 EDT 2004

Hi Jayant,

Thanks for letting us know that you got the filter to run correctly.
You may find useful in general to print out the final RMS on this
family of filters.

About your question:

      USE_FLTK and USE_VTK were removed *a long* time ago.

The only reason why they were in ITK is that there was a number
of Demo applications distributed with ITK and those applications
required visualization and GUI.  Since ITK 1.4 the applications
are now distributed independently from ITK, in a checkout called
"InsightApplications".

The basic ITK toolkit is totally independent of VTK and FLTK.

If you need to combine ITK, with FLTK and/or VTK for your
application, you will find detailed instructions on the
Tutorial sessions

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

Look in particular to

           "Getting Started II"