[Insight-users] Operator '=' for Mesh

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 3 10:51:51 EDT 2004

Hi Uday,

You are probably trying to assing a Mesh raw pointer
to a variable of incompatible type.

Please read the "Data Representation" Chapter of the
ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Chapter 4, Sections 4.2, 4.3, pages pdf- 74 to 116.

You should receive the Mesh pointer into a smart
pointer. Something like

  MeshType::Pointer myMesh = SphericalMesh->GetOutput();

For a description of the principles behind the use
of SmartPointers please look at the Tutorials

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

in particular to

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/index.htm