[Insight-users] Re: HELP ITK builting solution

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Oct 28 20:36:16 EDT 2004

Hi Marisa,

With a recent machine like the one you describe
in your email, there is no obvious reason while
the CMake configuration for ITK should take any
longer than 10 minutes, even if you are enabling
Examples and Testing.

If you are reporting that configuring with CMake
is taking more than one day, there is definitely
something wrong with the installation of your
compiler.

Have you used CMake for configuring any other tool
in this computer ?  for example VTK ?
or the CMake source code itself ?

If so, did it took a similar time ?

Can you please check if your system is swapping
at the time you are configuring with CMake ?
(although 512Mb should be more than enough
  for not requiring memory swapping...)

Is there anything particular about
your machine ?  (for example, are you using the
file compression option of Windows XP ? ).

    Please let us know,