[Insight-users] Is there a way to compute the "Distance" between two curves?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Oct 29 14:51:17 EDT 2004

Hi Patrick,

You may want to try the class:

            EuclideanDistancePointMetric

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1EuclideanDistancePointMetric.html

You pass two point sets to this class and it will
return the array of Euclidean distances from
the points in one set (e.g. points in a curve) to
the closest point in the  other set.

 From this array of distances you could compute a
Hausdorff distance (just take the maximum value
of the array) or a SSD sum of squared distances
measure.

Please let us know if you have further questions,