[Insight-users] Problem with Rigid3DPerspectiveTransform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 22 09:51:25 EST 2005

Hi Albert,

1) No, you cannot use the Rigid3DPerspectiveTransform along
    with the ResampleImageFilter in order to get a 2D image
    out of a 3D image.  The reason is that none of them will
    know how to combine the data of the 3D image in order to
    generate 2D pixels.

    I presume that you are doing something like projecting
    the 3D dataset in order to create a Digitally Reconstructed
    Radiograph DRR. If this is the case, you may want to look
    at the example:

                 InsightApplications/
                      IntensityBased2D3DRegistration/

2) In order to set the center of rotation, you simply invoke
    the method

              transform->SetCenterOfRotation()

    you will not see this method if you grep in the code, because
    it is implemented using the itkSetMacro, in line 161 of

               Insight/Code/Common/
                 itkRigid3DPerspectiveTransform.h

     itkSetMacro(CenterOfRotation,InputPointType);
     itkGetConstReferenceMacro(CenterOfRotation,InputPointType);

     but if you read the Doxygen documentation for this class

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/d1/d5c/classitk_1_1Rigid3DPerspectiveTransform.htm

     you will find the method

          virtual void SetCenterOfRotation (InputPointType _arg)

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/d1/d5c/classitk_1_1Rigid3DPerspectiveTransform.html#itk_1_1Rigid3DPerspectiveTransformz1515_0