[Insight-users] Re: Journal submission gone wrong - probably

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Dec 22 23:18:24 EST 2005

Hi Gaetan,

1) We checked the submission of Richard's paper,
    it seems that there was a network connection problem
    between the testing server at Kitware and the DSpace
    server at UNC. Zack rerun the test and the dashboard
    evaluation is now posted in the Insight Journal.

2) About posting the source material of the paper, it is
    fine if you find better to put it as a subdirectory
    of the  source code. I would prefer to have it independently
    just because some papers may become large, specially if
    they have images inserted, and because many users may
    be interested in the source code more than in the source
    text of the paper, so they would be penalized when downloading.

    On the other hand, one nice thing about your suggestion,
    is that by putting the paper source text in the same
    directory tree as the source code, the paper can easily
    use the same images as the source code, and in that way
    get closer to the ideal situation where the images in the
    paper are *exactly* the same as the ones you are using
    for running your code. This is probably the best way of
    having *reproducible* papers.

    So... to summarize, please feel free to submit the
    source text + graphics of the paper as a subdirectory
    of the source code submission.

    It is still preferable to have the PDF appart, so
    readers can take a look at the paper before they
    decide to invest time trying the source code.

Thanks a lot for your support to the Insight Journal
and to ITK.