[Insight-users] segmenting dicom images

ilker hacıhaliloğlu hacihaliloglu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 22:25:07 EDT 2005

hi all

I have a question about segmenting dicom series. Which one is more suitable
1-segmenting each slice one by one in the dicom series? i have saved the
series in analyze format (.hdr)
2-constructing a 3d volume and segmenting this volume
3-I saved the dicom image series into a 3d volume in analyze format. if i do
some segmentation in this 3d volume after the
segmentation can i save the the result back into dicom image format?

4- To see the the the images in a 3D volume do I have to use VTK?
I am using MRIcro to see the analyze formated images. but i can not see them
there in 3D volume format.

cheers
ilker

p.s.:sorry for asking so many questions but i am new to itk:(